The Bible says much about wisdom and foolishness. God’s definition of wisdom may be different than my definition and that is why it is good to know what God considers wise behavior and foolish behavior. Today, I wanted to share with you from the Bible the importance of wisdom and why it is important to get it.
1. A wise man will hear – Proverbs 1:5 – Proverbs 12:15
2. A wise man will love those who rebuke him – Proverbs 9:8
3. A wise man will study – Proverbs 10:14
4. A wise man will control his tongue – Proverbs 10:19, Proverbs 17:28
5. A wise man will win souls – Proverbs 11:30
6. A wise man will walk with other wise men – Proverbs 13:20
7. A wise man will depart from evil – Proverbs 14:16
8. A wise man will use knowledge in a proper way – Proverbs 15:2
9. A wise man will disperse knowledge – that is teach others truth – Proverbs 15:7
10. A wise man will know how to pacify the king – Proverbs 16:14
11. A wise man doesn’t drink – Proverbs 20:1
12. A wise man does not respect persons – Proverbs 24:23
13. A wise man keeps the law – Proverbs 28:7
As I read these I should ask myself, according to God am I a wise man? It really doesn’t matter what men think. It only matters what God thinks.